Sunday, January 13, 2013

First Haircut

Our son had such lovely blond curls at the nape of his neck, it was difficult to snip them off into my hand. But alas! His hair was covering his eyes in the front and it was flipping all over on the sides. The big question was not if but how this first haircut would be done.

My husband and I are ridiculous and have been trimming our son's nails at night after he's fallen asleep. Newborn nails are microscopic, and we were nervous nervous about cutting off a fingertip of our wiggly baby. Fifteen months later, we were nervous nervous about nicking an ear or eye of our wiggly toddler. So we are now secret manicurists and nocturnal barbers.

The haircut came out okay. It is fine. Cutting hair in the dark with only a flashlight app on my husband's phone to illuminate was probably not ideal, but there are no funky patches. He looks older and more like a little boy, and I have another skill to add to my parental resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment