Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Bed Time

A friend gave us good advice before our baby was born--make sure you like your bedroom. She was right. With nursing and occasional co-sleeping, we spent a lot of time awake in our room the first year. We still spend a fair amount of time awake.

Paint it, rearrange it, get rid of things that are clutter. Splurge on new sheets and bedding. A fresh room and a cozy bed makes being awake at odd hours more liveable, and it facilitates falling back to sleep after a sleep cycle has been disrupted. I can't control when my son wakes, but I can at least control my environment!

Speaking of, and I know I am jinxing this, but...last night he slept from 8pm to 7am. And the night before from 8pm to 5am. New year's resolution #1 achieved!

No comments:

Post a Comment