Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Babies Don't Wear Watches

Babies don't wear watches, or at least mine doesn't. So the time change in our household has been more of a transition over days rather than something that happened at 2am Sunday morning.

Yesterday evening the sun was setting as we were strolling home from school. While I was rushing to get dinner together, my son was rubbing his eyes, whining, and resting his forehead on the floor. He fell asleep before dinner was even ready, and we didn't get a chance to cuddle or hang out all day. We usually have a couple of hours of reading and playing before the bedtime routine kicks in, so not having quality baby time was a bummer.

This morning when my son woke up earlier than he should have, I muffled my grumbles and seized my opportunity. We had a lovely time reading books together between breakfast and changing out of pajamas.  Routines are vital, but squeezing in spontaneous quality time injects joy into the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment