Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Hooray for Sleep Progress

Since we gave up nursing before bedtime, my son has been taking a bottle from my husband. At first I had to shut myself in the bathroom so I wouldn't hear his crying. He didn't cry for more than five minutes, but I still felt very guilty, as I was abandoning a routine that nurtured and comforted him. I swear he gave me the stink eye one morning. A few days later, he accepted the change and didn't even cry before bed. This was a relief to me, though I missed spending cozy quiet time with my baby at the end of a hectic day.

Tonight my husband had to go to a meeting, and for the first time since we've weaned, I took on bedtime duties. I expected my son to protest the bottle from me. But no! We cuddled, he drank the bottle, and he didn't even cry. I am happy that I am once again able to take part in a cozy nighttime routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment